- Heineken’s Talent Lab 2015 - Moderation (the “Talent Lab”) is organized by Heineken International B.V., with the local execution of Talent Lab provided by its group companies Zagorka A.D. in Bulgaria, Athenian Brewery S.A. in Greece, Nigerian Breweries plc in Nigeria, Vietnam Brewery Limited in Vietnamand Brasseries, Limonaderies et MalteriesBralima, SA in the Democratic Republic of Congo (together “HEINEKEN”) as part of a multi-market recruitment campaign of the HEINEKEN group.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the legal relationship between HEINEKEN and you as a participant in the Talent Lab.These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Netherlands.
- HEINEKEN has the right to, at its sole discretion and without prior notification, change or discontinue any aspect of the Talent Lab. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms and Conditions, please do not (continue to) participate in the Talent Lab. You are advised to regularly read the Terms and Conditions for possible changes.
- THE TALENT LAB HAS AN EXCLUSIVE CULTURAL AND ARTISTIC SCOPE. THE TALENT LAB IS NOT A SWEEPSTAKE, LOTTERY OR GAME OF CHANCE OF ANY KIND. NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TALENT LAB.
The Talent Lab
- The purpose of the Talent Lab is to recruit creative talents from Bulgaria, Greece, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Vietnam to assist HEINEKEN in creating a new activation for one of HEINEKEN’s core strategic focus points being the advocacy of moderate drinking.
- HEINEKEN, with the assistance of external agencies, will search for local creative talentsthat are active in a creative discipline (design, music, photography, illustration, copy writing, concept development, etc). The target audience consist of talentsthat are either in the phase of studying in the field of design or are early in their design careers.
- It is the intention of HEINEKEN to select two participant from each country (the “Finalists”).
- The Finalistswill travel to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, for a week in September 2015 and will be guided by the Global Heineken Brand Team to create an ‘Enjoy Heineken Responsibly’ activation. The operating company of HEINEKEN in the country of the Finalists will pay for travel and accommodation expenses and certain food and beverages.
- The value of the trip is estimated to be EUR 2,500 and the trip is intended to take place from 14 to 18 September 2015 (subject to change by HEINEKEN).
- You can participate in the casting for the Talent Lab by uploading a video in which you promote yourself and your work with a duration of 60 seconds up to 90 seconds to the Tumblr page of the Heineken® brandhttp://heineken.tumblr.com (the “Channel”) between 1 July 2015 and 23:59 CET on 31 July 2015 (the “Video”).
- Please note that your Video shall not be eligible for the Campaign if it is placed on another platform than the Channel.
- You are only eligible to be selected as a Finalist if you are above legal drinking age and a resident of Bulgaria, Greece, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo and Vietnam.
- For any Video submitted to the Channel, you warrant that it:
- is completely original, and is solely created by yourself and that you are entitled to all rights, titles and interests in the material included in the Video;
- contains no material that is offensive, defamatory, threatening, abusive, vulgar, sexist, discriminating or otherwise inappropriate;
- is not intended to promote or incite violent, dangerous or antisocial behaviour;
- does not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws or any other regulation, guideline or community standard.
The selection procedure
- You can only submit one Video on the Channel.
- HEINEKEN will form a jury to review the Videos, in which jury the majority of the votes shall be with HEINEKEN.
- It is up to the jury at its sole discretion to decide who shall be selected as Finalist. HEINEKEN shall take into account the following judging criteriabased on the following equally weighted judging criteria:
- Original conceptual creativity: surprising, authentic, clever creative ideas.
- Craftsmanship: creative ideas are well executed.
- Fit with the Heineken brand values: concepts and executions are progressive, open minded, worldly.
- Fit with the project to promote moderate alcohol consumption: the type of work has hooks that could inspire and match moderate consumption concepts and activations.
- The Finalists will be selected by HEINEKEN prior to 14 August 2015 and HEINEKEN will inform the Finalists per email.
- HEINEKEN shall not engage in discussions about the selection process.
Criteria that the Finalist must comply with
- From the period as of submitting the Video until returning from the trip to Amsterdam, the Finalist must:
- comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- speak, read and write English;
- be available on the requested datesto travel to Amsterdam;
- hold a current and valid passport ofBulgaria, Greece, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo or Vietnam(and provide HEINEKEN with a copy thereof upon request) and be able to obtain a travel visa to Amsterdam;
- be in good general health and good physical and mental condition to travel and participate in the Talent Lab and have a sufficient health insurance to be able to go to Amsterdam;
- not have a criminal record or pending criminal charges;
- signand comply with all legal documentation which may be reasonably requested by HEINEKENor a third party engaged by HEINEKENin relation to the Talent Labincluding, but not limited to: intellectual property assignments to HEINEKEN for all work related to the activation, legal releases for participation in the Talent Lab and a confidentiality agreement. Participants must return all signed legal documentation within 5 working days of receipt;
- comply with any applicable laws or any other regulation, guideline or community standard in their country of residence and Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Intellectual property and publicity
- All intellectual property rights to the work submitted by a participant in the Talent Lab and created during and as a result of the Talent Lab are and will be owned by HEINEKEN without further reference and free of charge.
- All participants give HEINEKEN the right to use the Video submitted by such participants, in whole or part thereof, also in an edited form, for promotional and marketing purposes in relation to the Talent Lab in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and internet including social media, without further reference and free of charge.
- The Finalist agrees to being interviewed, photographed and filmed during and in relation to the Talent Lab, and agrees to provide all active cooperation with any promotional activities and publicity in relation thereto. All resultant material, including Finalist’s name, image (in photo and video) and comments, may be used by the HEINEKEN group at its sole discretion to the fullest extent and for any purpose, including for future promotional and marketing purposes in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and internet, without further reference and free of charge.
- Participants shall not at any time act in any way which is likely to be detrimental to the HEINEKEN group, to the Heineken® trademark or the activation created as a result of the Talent Lab whether or not the Participant is excluded or disqualified from the Talent Lab.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold HEINEKEN and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and each of its and their respective directors, employees, agents and representatives (the “released parties”) harmless from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Talent Lab.
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees without reservation and free of charge that no activity or commitment will result in the Participant being deemed to be an employee of HEINEKENand that HEINEKENhas no responsibility whatsoever in providing any employee type benefits to any Participant.
- HEINEKEN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE TALENT LAB. THE TALENT LABAND TRIP ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’.
- TheTalent Lab is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Tumblr. The Terms and Conditions apply to the legal relationship between you as a Participant in the Talent Laband Heineken. Your relationship with Tumblr is governed by Tumblr’s terms and conditions, which you cannot invoke in your legal relationship with Heineken. Heineken is not responsible and shall not be liable for the functioning and related aspects of Participants' use of these social media sites. Participants also give a full release to Tumblr for their function in this Talent Lab.
Privacy and data protection
- The personal data derived by HEINEKEN from your participation in the Talent Labwill be stored by HEINEKEN only in order to fulfill and execute the Talent Lab. After completion of the Campaign your personal data will be deleted. Only the personal data of the Finalists will be stored longer to comply with legal requirements.
Any question concerning the Talent Lab and Terms and Conditions may be sent via e-mail to webcenter@Heineken.com stating your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. HEINEKENwill contact you within as soon as possible after receipt.